A Message From
A respected leader in hospitality development, Bruce White has extraordinary influence in this dynamic industry. Today he shares his expertise with you.
"Trust, loyalty, and excellence are the drivers of our success. We understand that if we don’t perform and add value to owners, trust and loyalty are lost "Bruce White / Chairman & Founder
In 1985, Bruce White established White Lodging with a single hotel and a singular vision – to provide significant and sustainable value and genuine care for associates, guests and owners. It’s a vision that has since inspired the steady and constant growth of our portfolio. After the first 10 years, White Lodging managed 16 hotels. From 1995 to 2005, that figure grew to 87.
As of today, White Lodging has developed over 130 newly constructed hotels across the country and currently provides management services for over 100 premium branded hotels, which includes 26 brands and 30 branded restaurants in 19 states across the country. We are one of America’s most innovative and highest performing hospitality development groups, and we remain privately held and committed to Mr. White’s original vision that operational excellence ultimately drives long term value.
New Horizons in Hotel Development
Throughout our unique history, White Lodging has continued to execute our strategic growth plan in key markets while establishing meaningful relationships that have resulted in sustained, profitable growth. Original partnerships, such as the one with Marriott International, continue to thrive, and more recently new ones have blossomed with Hyatt Global and Hilton Worldwide.
White Lodging has enjoyed great success working with the titans of the hospitality industry, and we are selective in adding more relationships that tie into our core values. Our strong relationships with trusted brands result in a superior hotel experience on every level.
We value the opportunity to reflect on how far we’ve come and take great pride in consistently being recognized as one of our country’s most prolific privately held and vertically integrated hotel development, ownership and operating companies.
Meet The White Lodging Team
Get to know the Senior Leadership Team that guides White Lodging and its associates. We’ve assembled some of the top minds in their respective fields to create a dynamic team that sets a higher standard in hospitality development. Trusted within the company and respected throughout the industry, our leaders always stay ahead of the curve with their legendary expertise.
LEADERS AT EVERY LEVEL
The “best of the best” mindset runs deep through the entire company, from senior executive leadership and the corporate team to regional vice presidents, general managers, directors of sales and marketing, line managers and hourly associates. White Lodging is committed to hiring premium talent that delivers elite service for all stakeholders.
White Lodging isn’t just a hotel development group. We’re a proud member of the communities in which we operate. And when we take a stand — for the planet, and for our people — we sleep well at night, because we know we’re living up to our full potential in a changing world.
For associates, that means a career at White Lodging is about more than themselves and the company. It means success knows no boundaries when it comes to our community.
"Given White Lodging's core value of genuine care, we are dedicated to giving back and becoming a substantive part of the social fabric"Dave Sibley / Regional Vice President
For Our Communities
When a cause captures our imagination, we become fierce advocates for its mission. One such nonprofit is Back on My Feet, which promotes self-sufficiency in homeless populations. Since 2010, we’ve raised or donated more than $500,000 for the organization through the “CNN Heroes” program. It began with “White Lodging Sneaker Day,” when associates wore sneakers at work to build awareness. Since then, our efforts have helped Back on My Feet open two new chapters.
For Our Future
The hospitality industry is only as strong as its next generation. White Lodging’s commitment to education will help cultivate the hospitality leaders of tomorrow. In 2009, The Dean & Barbara White and Bruce & Beth White Family Foundations gifted $5 million to Purdue University Northwest to support a hospitality facility, two endowed professorships and a scholarship in collaboration with the National Association of Black Hotel Owners, Operators and Developers (NABHOOD).
For Our People
We expect extraordinary things from our associates. We recognize that we must provide them with the tools and resources they need to be empowered and achieve their very best. Our skills training programs ensure that White Lodging associates can do their career-best work every day. In fact, we’ve been recognized seven times by Training Magazine’s esteemed list of Top 125 training companies, a rare honor for hotel development groups. We’re in good company, too, sharing space on that list with the likes of Best Buy, McDonald’s and Bank of America.
Milestones and Awards
Join us as we look back over the last few years and celebrate our achievements.
A Company of Firsts
- 1990 – The First Fairfield Inn by Marriott franchise with the opening in Merrillville, IN.
- 2006 – The First dual-branded property in the country with the Courtyard and Residence Inn Austin Downtown
- 2008 – The First Urban SpringHill Suites with the SpringHill Suites Chicago/River North
- 2008 – The First Dual-branded hotel in Chicago with the Residence Inn and
SpringHill Suites Chicago/River North.
- 2011 – The Largest JW Marriott in the Americas opened in Indianapolis with more than 1,000 guest rooms and 100,000+ square feet of meeting and event space.
- 2013 – The First Hyatt branded hotel in downtown Austin in more than 20 years with the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown.
- 2013 – The First branded triplex hotel development, combining Hyatt Place, Fairfield Inn and the Aloft on one property in downtown Chicago.
- 2015 – The First Dual-branded Hyatt Place and Hyatt House built from the ground up in downtown Denver, CO.
- 2017 – The First Marriott/Starwood dual-branded property with the AC Hotel by Marriott Denver Downtown and the Le Meridien Hotel Denver.
- In February, the company launched its new brand, unveiling the new tagline “Success Knows No Boundaries”
- White Lodging launched its first-ever corporate advocacy group with WL Women in March. Victoria Budson, the executive director of the Women and Public Policy Program at Harvard University, spoke to the group
- White Lodging was honored at Marriott’s owner conference on April 30th for achieving the top consolidated guest satisfaction levels within the aloft brand in 2016 and received the CONNECT 2016 Guest Satisfaction Excellence award
- Hilton Garden Inn Islip/Macarthur Airport has been named as Employer of the Year by the New York Institute of Technology’s Vocational Independence Program
- Hyatt Place Bloomington was nominated and won Visit Bloomington’s Tourism Awards’ “Pragmatic Planner”
- Courtyard Magnificent Mile’s restaurant, the Copper Fox Gastropub, will be marked as a historical site by the “Here is Where” initiative
- Marriott Teaneck at Glenpointe received the esteemed AAA Four Diamond Rating for the first time
- The Westin Austin Downtown’s rooftop pool Azul was named “Coolest Hotel Pool” by Travel Agent Central
- The Westin Milwaukee opened in June. It is the first Westin hotel in the state of Wisconsin
- The Aloft/Element Austin Downtown opened in July, along with the new restaurant concepts Caroline and Upstairs at Caroline. These two new hotels represent the 22nd and 23rd hotels White Lodging manages in Austin.
- In August, the Home2 Suites by Hilton Mishawaka/South Bend opened as the first Home2 Suites in the White Lodging portfolio.
- Opened the first Marriott/Starwood dual-branded property in the world with the AC Hotel and Le Meridien Denver Downtown in September – also adding the highest open-air rooftop bar in Denver, 54thirty and a new restaurant concept, Corinne.
- Hyatt Place Knoxville opened in December in the historic building formerly known as the Hotel Farragut. The hotel marks White Lodging’s first property in Knoxville and adds the only open-air rooftop event space in Knoxville.
- Aloft Louisville was awarded a 2016 Cornerstone Award by the Louisville Downtown Partnership
- Aloft Louisville was awarded Best New Hotel by Louisville Business First
- Several White Lodging Hotels were awarded by the Residence Inn Brand
- RevPar Index Award was given to the Residence Inn Austin Northwest Arboretum
- The Residence Inn Mix Award was given to the Residence Inn South Bend Mishawaka
- White Lodging re-acquired the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown and began a $40+ million re-invention of the hotel and food & beverage outlets
- The Residence Inn Mount Olive was named a Platinum Hotel
- The Residence Inn Boulder Louisville and the Residence Inn Grand Junction were named as Gold Hotels
- The Residence Inn Austin Arboretum, the Residence Inn Chicago River North and the Residence Inn Hartford Rocky Hill were named as Silver Hotels
- The SpringHill Suites Milwaukee Downtown opened in July
- The Courtyard Erie Bayfront Hotel opened in June
- Hyatt House Denver Downtown won the first Hyatt Select Service Marketing Award
- The JW Marriott Austin was named the JW Marriott Hotel of the Year for the Americas by Marriott
- The JW Marriott Austin was awarded the Full Service Franchise of the Year by Marriott
- Dual-branded Hyatt Place and Hyatt House Denver Downtown opened in November 2015, and named Best New Dual Branded Project for 2015
- White Lodging broke ground on the 18 story dual-branded Le Méridien Hotel and AC Hotel in downtown Denver in November 2015
- The Aloft Louisville Downtown opened in November 2015
- The JW Marriott Austin won the “Opening of the Year Award” for Full Service from Marriott International
- Brush Creek Ranch was named #1 in the Top 25 Resorts in the U.S. and #2 Top 100 Hotels & Resorts in the World in the 2015 Readers’ Choice Awards by Condé Nast Traveler for the second year in a row
- The SpringHill Suites Houston Downtown opened in August 2015
- White Lodging acquired the Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville in July 2015
- The Westin Austin Downtown opened July 2015
- Hyatt Place Midway opened in June 2015
- White Lodging broke ground on its 410-room dual-branded Aloft and Element property in downtown Austin
- White Lodging assumed management of Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites in Downtown Omaha
- White Lodging assumed management of Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Doral/Dolphin in March 2015
- Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale North won the Apple REIT Shining Apple Award
- White Lodging opened the JW Marriott Austin, the largest JW Marriott hotel in the Americas
- Homewood Suites Tampa/Brandon received the brand’s Most Improved Scorecard Award at the Homewood Suites regional workshop meeting in Orlando
- Two White Lodging hotels were recognized at an Apple reception at the Hilton Garden Inn Conference: The Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale was awarded the “YOY Dominator” award and the Hilton Garden Inn Boca Raton received the “Renovation Rebound” award
- Deno Yiankes, President and CEO of Investments & Development, was highlighted by Hotel Business as one of the “10 to Watch in 2015”
- The Courtyard/Residence Inn Richmond Downtown opened December 2014
- White Lodging was awarded the Best Development Project for the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown and the Operational Excellence award at the 2014 Hyatt Owners Conference
- The Westin Austin Downtown topped out in November 2014 and opened summer 2015
- White Lodging’s HR Department was awarded the People Pioneer Award from Success Factors
- White Lodging signed a contract to manage the Westin Greenwood Village in Colorado
- The Hyatt Place Bloomington Downtown opened August 12
- White Lodging assumed management of the Embassy Suites West Palm Beach in July
- White Lodging was awarded the management contract for the Hyatt Place Chicago Midway, which opened on June 18, 2015
- The Residence Inn Wilmette opened May 15
- White Lodging named Starwood Select Service Developer of the Year
- Denver Marriott Westminster opened April 2
- SpringHill Suites Bloomington Downtown opened March 17
- Hyatt Place Austin Downtown is sold to Carey Watermark. White Lodging continues to manage under a long-term management agreement.
- White Lodging announced it will build a 422-room dual-branded Aloft and Element development in downtown Austin