White Lodging opened its first hotel in the city — the Milwaukee Marriott Downtown — during the summer of 2013, and followed that up with the SpringHill Suites Milwaukee Downtown in May of 2016 and the June 2017 opening of the Westin Milwaukee Downtown. Famous for its diverse offering of city festivals, Milwaukee is also known for its friendly hospitality, up-and-coming arts scene and, of course, beer and cheese. Residents of the city, also commonly referred to as “cheeseheads,” have access to scenic lakes and beaches, running and bike paths, sporting venues, 15,000 acres of parks and 20 golf courses – including Erin Hills, host of the 2017 U.S. Open. The city’s location also makes it easy to get away for the day and is within a two-hour drive of Green Bay and Chicago.
FAST FACTS ABOUT MILWAUKEE
- Outside Magazine names Milwaukee the best river town in America in 2012
- Milwaukee is ranked in the top 25 cities for art by American Style and Art Place America
- Named the top destination for family travel in 2014 by ABC Travel Guides for Kids
- Milwaukee is known as one of the top 10 beer cities, ranked by USA Today in 2012
- The city was named one of the top 10 best U.S. cities for urban forests by the group American Forests
- The Milwaukee Public Market was recently ranked by Frommer’s as one of America’s Best Public Markets