From beaches to craft beer, Northwest Indiana has a little bit of everything
Considering a move to Northwest Indiana? It’s a popular spot, and there’s a reason for it!
Not only is the area home to our White Lodging Corporate Office, but it is also home to several White Lodging managed properties. Also known as ‘The Region,’ NWI is a part of Chicago’s metropolitan area and embraces its big city connection with a Midwestern friendly disposition. The commute to and from the city is convenient and easy with the home office just 50 miles from downtown!
With over 125 miles of winding trails, several lakes for boating and fishing, and Indiana’s most visited state/national parks, the Indiana Dunes, there’s plenty outdoor activities, beaches and water for everyone. Families have a great time at the Deep River Waterpark, visiting Fair Oaks Farm to apple picking at the County Line Orchard. There’s a variety of entertainment options from local breweries, including 3 Floyds, to plenty of shopping spots, and access to Chicago’s year-round professional sporting events and world-class dining options.
Here's some fast facts about Northwest Indiana:
- Dunes State Park was recently named one of the best state parks in the Best of the Midwest Guide by Midwest Living magazine
- For the 25th straight year, Valparaiso University has been identified as one of the best universities in the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report magazine
- St. John has been ranked on the CNNMoney.com Top 100 "Best Places to Live" and a Top place to raise kids by Bloomberg Business week
- Nerd Wallet and Cities Journal have named Crown Point, Valparaiso, Chesterton and Schererville in the top best towns of Indiana for young kids
- Valparaiso has a number of active life options (parks, outdoor activities, etc.): one for every 675 people – Movoto
- Lake County/South Shore is located approximately 25 miles from Chicago, IL and 150 miles from Indianapolis, IN
- Wolf Lake in Hammond was recognized by the New York Times for their conditions and as being one of the best lakes in the country for windsurfing
- Lake County is comprised of 19 cities and towns have a total population of more than 487,000 people.