Getting Jazzy in Salt Lake City
Considering a move to Salt Lake City? It’s a popular spot, and there’s a reason for it! Not only is the city and its surrounding suburbs home to four White Lodging managed properties, but it's an urban oasis complete with an active metro area and beautiful landscape. Salt Lake is known for its outdoor recreational opportunities from scenic trails in the local parks to plenty of skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing in the nearby and accessible Wasatch Mountains, which claims to have the greatest snow on Earth. The walkable, downtown area provides plenty of restaurants to delight foodies, shopping, professional sport teams and cultural attractions from museums to the opera. Not to mention, the city is the location of the annual Sundance Film Festival, so there’s always new and great entertainment to be found.
Here's some fast facts about Salt Lake City:
- Salt Lake City is named USA Today’s Reader’s Choice No. 5 in Best Ski Destination
- Named the most Creative Mid-size City in the U.S. by Movoto Real Estate
- Listed in the Top 20 Best Cities for 20-Somethings by The Greatist.com
- Listed in Cvent’s Top 50 Meeting Destinations in the U.S.
- Named the Best Place to Raise Outdoor Kids by Outsideonline.com
- Utah ranks #1 Best State for Business by Forbes
- No. 5 Happiest State in the U.S. by Huffington Pos
- #1 as "Best U.S. Hiking City" in America by National Geographic
- Ranked #2 in "America's Best Burger Cities" by Travel + Leisure
- Ranked #2 in "American's Friendliest Cities, According to Travel + Leisure Readers" by Thrillist
Trying to decide between the city and the suburbs? Click here to learn more about the city’s neighborhoods and best places to live.