Begin your own legacy in Virginia
So you're thinking about moving to Richmond, VA? Excellent choice. The area celebrates over 400 years of American heritage and many modern day attractions great for everyone to enjoy. As the former capital of the Confederacy, the area is most known for many historical sites but also offers upscale shopping, great restaurants, world famous museums, golf courses and plenty of outdoor recreations for family fun. A prime location, Richmond also offers quick getaway destinations from the Atlantic beaches, mountains or Washington D.C. With so much to offer, there’s a reason experts call this city was named one of the best small cities in North America.
Here's some fast facts about the Richmond region
- Richmond was named in Frommer's list of Top Destinations for 2014
- Ranked 3rd among "The Most Creative Mid-Sized Cities in America" by Movoto in 2013
- Richmond named among Top 100 Best Places to Live by Livability.com in 2013
- Wall Street Journal’s MarketWatch named Richmond One of the Top Cities for Business Growth in 2013
- Forbes ranked the area 5th best city for jobs in 2013
- Ashland ranked one of the nation’s 50 Best Places to Raise Your Kids, according to Businessweek.com, and Midlothian is ranked among the top 10 Perfect Suburbs in America by CNBC.com in 2011
Trying to decide between the city and the suburbs? Click here to learn more about the different neighborhoods and to find out which one is best for you!
“Richmond is coming into its own as a choice regional destination with a growing slate of breweries, farm-to-table restaurants, and even white-water river rapid activities cutting right through downtown.” - Frommers