What’s better than cheese? Living in Milwaukee.
Considering a move to Milwaukee? What a great choice!
White Lodging opened its first hotel property, the Milwaukee Marriott Downtown in the city during the summer of 2013, and will be opening the SpringHill Suites Milwaukee Downtown in May of 2016. Milwaukee, or the City of Festivals, is known for its friendly Midwesterners, diverse attractions, up and coming artistic scene, and of course beer and cheese. Residents of the city, also commonly referred in the state as “cheeseheads,” have access to the city’s lake and beaches, running and bike paths, sporting venues, 15,000 acres of parks and 20 golf courses – including Erin Hills Golf Course, host of the 2017 U.S. Open. The location of the city also makes it easy to get away for the day and is within a two hour driving radius of Green Bay and Chicago.
Here's some fast facts about Milwaukee:
- Outside Magazine names Milwaukee the best river town in America, in 2012
- Milwaukee is ranked in the top 25 cities for art by American Style and Art Place America
- Named the top destination for family travel in 2014 by ABC Travel Guides for Kids
- Milwaukee is known as one of the top 10 beer cities, ranked by USA Today in 2012
- The city was named one of the top 10 best U.S. cities for urban forests by the group American Forests
- The Milwaukee Public Market was recently ranked by Frommer’s as one of America’s Best Public Markets
Trying to decide where in Milwaukee is the best place for you to live? Click here to learn more about the city’s neighborhoods and best places to live. Interested in educational options for your family? Check out more information on schools in the area here.