Houston, America’s Hottest City
Considering a move to Houston? It’s a popular spot, and there’s a reason for it! Not only is the city and its surrounding suburbs home to nine White Lodging managed properties, but it's the largest city in Texas and the fourth largest in the U.S. Houston boasts a low cost of living and low taxes in comparison to other cities, making it an easy choice for many to relocate. Home to professional teams such as the Astros and Houston Texans, a Museum District and shopping destinations including the Galleria, there’s plenty of entertainment options for all. In addition, with more than 11,000 restaurants, you’ll be able to find every flavor combination and atmospheric adventure your heart could desire. Interested in higher education for career growth or family? The area has 14 major institutions including the University of Houston.
Here's some fast facts about Houston:
- Business Insider named Houston the Best City in America
- Houston came in at No. 7 on The New York Times' list of the 46 Places to Go
- Travel + Leisure named Houstons George Bush Intercontinental Airport No. 3 on its list of America's Safest Airports
- The Children's Museum of Houston was named the No. 1 children's museum in the country byParents magazine (2011) and one of the top 12 in the country by Forbes (2012).
- Houston named the "newest capital of great food" by Food & Wine
- Houston named America's Coolest City by Forbes
- According to Forbes, paychecks stretch the furthest in Houston
- Lower Westheimer made Forbes' list of the hippest hoods in the U.S.
- Travel + Leisure named Houston's Montrose neighborhood one of America's Most Beautiful Neighborhoods
Trying to decide between the city and the suburbs? Click here to learn more about the city’s neighborhoods and best places to live.