Denver is more than just a Mile High City
Considering a move to Denver? Fantastic! Not only is the "Mile High City" and its surrounding area home to more than eight White Lodging managed properties, it will be the future site of at least two more hotels by the end of 2016. Boasting 300 days of sunshine each year and beautiful mountain views, the city is vibrant and active year round. Denver is known for its professional sports teams and growing arts and cultural scene. It also has the most unique city park system in the country with over 200 parks in the city and 14,000 acres in the nearby mountains. The parks offer an abundance of recreational opportunities with more than 800 miles of bike paths, 90 golf courses and one of the largest urban trail systems.
Here's some fast facts about Denver:
- Denver was ranked 5th most fittest city in the nation by Shape Magazine and the American College of Sports Medicine in 2013
- Denver named 3rd “top city of the future” among young adults by the Daily Beast in 2013
- League of American Bicyclists ranked Colorado no. 2 most bike-friendly state in the nation
- According to a Gallup survey, Denver was ranked the 2nd ‘safest feeling’ city in 2013
- Travel + Leisure ranked Denver as the #2 Microbrew City, #3Athletic, #7 Sports-crazed and Public park access in 2012
- Forbes.com names Denver LoHi as “one of America’s Hippest Hipster Neighborhoods” in 2012
- Ranked #6 by MSN as America’s Best City
- Denver is the 5th best place to live for young adults in the United States, according to Kiplinger's Personal Finance report
- Louisville, Colo. named top ten place to raise kids in business week 2013
- No. 2 in the nation’s top cities for beer by Oyster.com
Trying to decide where in Denver is the best place for you to live? Click here to learn more about the city’s neighborhoods and best places to live. Looking for more reasons to move to Denver? Click here for more on living in the Mile High City.