JW MARRIOTT AUSTIN DOWNTOWN, TX
JW Marriott Downtown Austin, TX
- Developer: White Lodging
- Architect: HKS, Inc.
- Project Management: White Lodging
- Purchasing & Procurement: White Lodging
- Operator: White Lodging
- Pre-opening Sales & Marketing: White Lodging
- Opened February 2015
- Hotel is LEED certified
- Total Keys: 1,012
- Number of Floors: 34
- Meeting Space Square Footage: 112,000
- Parking Garage Spaces: 471
- Largest hotel in the city of Austin
- The hotel offers 112,000 square feet of meeting space, including a 30,000-square-foot ballroom, a 23,000-square-foot-ballroom, a 23,000-square-foot exhibit hall and additional meeting space.
- 35 meeting rooms
- Food & Beverage outlets include a full-service regional Italian Restaurant; Osteria Pronto; 3-meal casual dining option, Corner; a high-energy bar; a walk-up food truck-style window, Burger Bar; and a Starbucks
- Close proximity to nearly 200 live music venues
- 2 blocks from the Austin Convention Center
The JW Marriott Austin opened in February of 2015, and construction began on the 1,200,000-square-foot hotel in August 2012.The 34-story JW Marriott Austin was designed to house large conventions and meetings with more than 112,000 square feet of event space, 42 meeting rooms and 1,012 guest rooms.
The hotel, which is located on the square block bounded by Second and Third Streets and Brazos Street and Congress Avenue in downtown Austin, employs more than 700 people upon opening. The hotel will features three restaurants including a full-service regional Italian Restaurant; Osteria Pronto; 3-meal casual dining option, Corner; a high-energy bar; a walk-up food truck-style window, Burger Bar with a window on Congress Avenue; and a Starbucks. The JW Marriott Austin will also achieve a LEED Silver certification and two-star Austin Energy Green Building rating.